United Nations University Internship Program 2022 _ the UNU is currently accepting applications for its internship program this fall.
All eligible graduate students are encouraged to apply in time.
(UNU Internship is available in May-June Fall and in Spring.)
At a Glance
It is an annual graduate program for students looking to join the broader network of the United Nations University Junior Fellows Internship Program.
By default, it curates applications from individuals interested in UN and UNU initiatives and projects, which also coopts millennial goals.
Highly qualified applicants are recruited by the United Nations University Office of the Rector as UNU Junior Fellows in the Tokyo headquarters.
Also, it prioritizes heuristic teaching, mentorship, and support for qualified candidates.
You can apply for this opportunity for many reasons _
- It creates an invaluable experience and network for the students;
- It equips the participants with enough knowledge and skills to work with the UN
- Moreover, students and young scholars acquire adequate knowledge to work in an administrative environment.
Ultimately, every participant gets professional coaching to work with the Office of the Rector, which optimally trains young scholars and professionals for the role.
Learn who is qualified for this internship, eligibility criteria, and more in this article. Read on below for details.
United Nations University Internship Program 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The internship involves specific criteria for separate internships in the UNU Junior Fellowship. However, some of the general requirements are as follows.
- The applicant has a Master’s or Doctorate acquired within two years of applying for the program or is currently in the process of getting the degree.
- None of the applicants must be older than thirty-two years.
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for the project, with a tendency for innovation and resourcefulness
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and diverse environment
- Moreover, the candidate must have advanced computer skills since credit is given for proficiency in MS Office apps & Excel.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Possess at least five (5) years of work experience in the relevant fields
- Additionally, applicants highly skilled in analysis, research, and writing are prioritized.
The United Nations University Internship Program 2022 apparently prizes advanced computer skills in candidates. Inferring from the official website, UNU.EDU, the eligible candidates must have
“advanced computer skills: sound, hands-on, knowledge of MS Office applications (familiarity with ICT tools and high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel are desirable).”
In this case, as in all specific sub-categories of the internship, candidates ought to include a strong background in ICT in their CVs/applications.
Further, the UNU, being a pluralistic organization, expects interns to possess the core values in the clip below.
Inclusion _ Take action to create an environment of dignity and respect for all, regardless of age, culture, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, geography, grade, language, nationality, racial identity, religion, sex, sex characteristics, sexual orientation, social origin or any other aspect of identity
Integrity _ Act ethically, demonstrating the standards of conduct of the United Nations and taking prompt action in case of witnessing unprofessional or unethical behavior or any other breach of UN standards.
Humility _ Demonstrate self-awareness and willingness to learn from others.
Humanity _ Act according to the purposes of the United Nations: peace, dignity, and equality on a healthy planet.
See below for program benefits.
Benefits for Junior Fellow Interns
Access to UNU Headquarters Library and gym
Office space and facilities (possibly electronic) for works and assignments while at the job
Monthly stipends covering transport and other sundries
36 hours leave (1.5 days)
- Note on the Stipend _
It only subsidizes the financial load on interns who are unable to get assistance from other sources. So, the Stipends broadly capture commute to and fro UNU costs and the primary daily needs of the intern.
- Responsibilities working with the Office of the Rector _
Contributing written docs and administrative research, which includes executive briefs, topical information briefs buttressing internal policy development, and background research;
Planning, including developing project management facilities;
Helping to organize workshops, lectures, and conferences as part of in-person and online event coordination responsibilities;
Taking minutes and providing logistical support for meetings.
How to Apply for the Program
You can apply for the United Nations University Internship Program 2022 using the following portal _ LINK.
For full disclosure about application details, preparation of application letter, letters of recommendation, etc., go to the application website. Also, you can check for the Language Certification at the site.